Do you leak when you laugh or cough?
Do you feel weak around your belly & lower back?
Do you feel tight & uncomfortable from all the demands that come with caring for a baby?
Then these small group sessions, now with onsite childcare, are just what you need to give your after baby body some love & rebuild your confidence & strength.
Perfect for new mums and their bubs!
Register today to secure your place!
The revised NewMuma sessions, now held each block like our MoveMuma sessions, have been specifically designed for mums, enabling a gradual and safe return to exercise by rebuilding from the inside out and re-training muscles to recruit correctly.
The focus of the NewMuma sessions is on re-activating and regaining endurance and strength in the areas most affected by pregnancy and childbirth:
- Teaching effective recruitment of the pelvic floor and abdominal bracing
- Reconnecting with and re-building strength and endurance in the core muscles, including the pelvic floor
- Activation and strengthening of the upper back muscles and gain mobility through the thoracic spine and shoulder girdle
- Activation and strengthening of the gluteals (buttock)
- Improving posture and alignment for optimum individual function
- Focus on the integration of the breath to improve the health of your core and pelvic floor following pregnancy and childbirth
Our sessions are designed to cater specifically to each women’s individual needs.
Taking into consideration that they have given birth, we aim to work alongside Women’s Health Physiotherapist’s to ensure we know what’s happening on the inside as well as the outside.
We ensure every mum is assessed for abdominal separation (the split in your tummy).
We talk all things pelvic floor & core.
We gradually build your strength from the inside out.
And, we slowly discover your fit and strong after baby body!
We recommend our NewMuma sessions for those women who are in the first 4-6 months of their post-natal journey or for those just returning to exercise for the first time following pregnancy or birth.
We also recommend our NewMuma sessions for any woman who has had children, no matter what their age, and have not fully retrained their strength and control in their abdominals and pelvic floor.
To register for a $15 TRIAL* (includes Onsite Childcare for 1 child) in Block 4 commencing Monday, October 15, 2018 please click here
Give yourself some after baby body love & safely and effectively reclaim your strength, fitness & confidence in 2018!
“Jody’s NewMuma program is such a great way to ease back into exercise following the birth of your baby.
She is a wealth of information when it comes to the body and is so lovely!
It is great being able to bring your baby along, get out of the house and do something for yourself. I highly recommend!
– Gemma Bartlett (July 27, 2017)