Pregnancy is an exciting time in a woman’s life.
And it becomes a time when many women take the opportunity to focus on their lifestyle, fitness and wellbeing, as they realise that they are now not only responsible for taking care of themselves, but also for nurturing the precious cargo they are carrying.
Sensible and safe exercise during pregnancy provides many physical and psychological benefits including:
- Helping you manage the physical and emotional changes that occur with pregnancy and child-birth
- Helping you maintain, and possibly improve, your muscle strength and tone, particularly in the areas of your pelvic floor and core muscles and your postural muscles
- Boosting your mood and self-esteem
- Assisting in maintaining a healthy body weight and healthy body image
- Minimise the aches and pains associated with pregnancy, such as backache, pelvic joint pain, constipation
- Preparing you for labour, both physically and psychologically
- Assisting you in recovering after labour and returning to your pre-pregnancy weight and body shape
MumaBumps pregnancy sessions, limited to a maximum of 5 participants per session, enable mums-to-be to exercise safely and sensibly during their pregnancy, maintaining their fitness and strength, while learning tools in preparation for labour and meeting other expectant mums.
The 50 minute sessions will consist of exercises focusing on:
- Your pelvic floor fitness
- Your deep abdominal and core strengthening
- Breathing, particularly integrating the breath to keep the core and pelvic floor healthy
- Your alignment, posture and back health
- Your muscular strength in preparation for a new born, particularly your upper back and glutes
- Sensible and safe exercise intensity
- Preparation for labour
We’ve had a lot of Mumas become Expectant Mumas at MumaBubs, so we’ve decided to recommence MumaBumps sessions.
We hold a Mums and Bubs MumaBumps session on Mondays @ 8.30am. Little people are welcome to come to this session!
Since August we have had our Saturday morning session at 9.15am AND now we are adding a 10.30am session too! For Muma’s only – no little people at this session!
Please contact MumaBubs for more information or to secure your place.